ONLINE LEARNING THROUGH ZOOM
GENERAL RULES FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
Tayyibun have decided on using Zoom as the platform to continue our Madrasah lessons until we are able to resume normal lessons safely at our premises. We’ve explored a range of different options to ensure our students continue with their learning in the best possible way and we feel that using Zoom might offer us a good way forward, in sha Allah.
The format of these online Madrasah lessons is to be as follows:
|WEEKDAY (Monday to Thursday classes)|
|Group 1||5.30pm to 6.30pm|
|Group 2||6.30pm to 7.30pm|
**weekday classes will last one hour per day for all children, who will be split up into one of 2 Groups.
The classes learning format with shorter class timings is designed to promote maximum concentration for your child in the online classes and to allow us to deliver on best value by ensuring the Madrasah syllabus programme is completed by all Tayyibun students by the best of everyone’s ability. The new Madrasah format will replace the old Madrasah format until further notice and this means that these lessons are a direct replacement of the normal Madrasah lessons.
To help manage effective student learning and engagement, certain sessions (such as Quran classes with young children) may be split into two sessions. This will mean shorter than usual lessons but with half the number of usual students.
We had 2 weeks of weekday Madrasah remaining before the scheduled Easter and Ramadhan Breaks and these we intend to make up in sha Allah. Due to the continued uncertainly relating to schools re-opening we may continue classes on Zoom into Ramadan and beyond.
HOW TO ACCESS CLASSES VIA THE WEBSITE
Please use the following steps to access the classes
- Click on the link provided in the email and/or text sent to you;
- Enter the password sent via text message;
- Click on the room your child is in for Quran;
- Enter your child’s full name with correct spelling and then click OK;
- Wait to be admitted into the lesson
Please feel free to watch the tutorials below for more information on using Zoom.
These are certainly challenging times for all parents, students and educators, and indeed for the whole world at present, and we don’t know what the perfect solution may be to help your child complete their Madrasah year but we hope that this new format for the time being will ensure your child continues to learn and remains connected to their faith.
With any learning platform or environment, it is important to adhere to some basic rules and advice that will help make the learning and teaching experiences for the students and the instructors as simple and as beneficial as possible. We’ve put together some basic information below to help keep things easy to follow.
We really appreciate your patience and support at this time but where you are unsure about anything, please contact the office on 020 7702 7254 or email [email protected] and we will attempt to help/guide you through whatever your query may be.
Although our Head Office is closed at present, our Admin staff are continuing to work remotely and doing their best to help support the Madrasah. Please do bear with us during this difficult period if you find your queries take slightly longer to be attended to.
By using/being part of our online lessons, you should:
- Know that only YOUR child should be a participant in the lesson;
- Follow Islamic guidelines in ensuring that MALE PARENTS DO NOT ENTER THE LESSONS BEING TAUGHT BY FEMALE TEACHERS. This rule must be strictly followed. Although not the practice usually in normal classes, a small number of Teachers will continue to wear their niqaabs whilst teaching online and we ask you to be understanding on this;
- Check on your children’s homework and make sure it is being written into their diaries and completed each week. Continue to sign the diary as you would each week;
- Ensure you have access to sufficient devices if you have more than one child;
- Ensure you and your child are sufficiently familiar with using Zoom and have your pc/laptop/phone properly set up for its use. You may find the Zoom online tutorials below useful in learning about this online learning platform;
- Think about minimising surrounding noise, ensure there is enough lighting in the room and provide somewhere comfortable for your child to sit where they won’t be distracted. Students can ideally use headphones to minimise background distraction for both student and Teacher;
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. This is extremely important. Consider closing any irrelevant running applications which might significantly consume your internet bandwidth;
- Ensure your child communicates clearly so the teacher can hear what they are saying. They should also feel free to ask the teacher to repeat anything they haven’t been able to hear well;
- Rest assured that we will not keep or store any information arising out of your use of Zoom and no teacher will ask for any personal details either;
- Bear in mind that Tayyibun does not usually provide online Madrasah lessons and is only providing these lessons to help deal with this unexpected situation we are faced with now;
- Continue to be patient with us and the Teachers and with using Zoom for the first couple of weeks. This is a new learning and teaching experience for everyone so it will take a short while to get used to it but things will improve a lot with practice and experience.
By using/being part of our online lessons, you agree not to:
- Share your login data with anyone else or authorise use of your account by another person. Do not impersonate another user/person or use their username. You must not in any way share any password information relating to your child’s use of Zoom and this is for their own privacy and safety of. This is extremely important;
- Share the links you will be provided with for your children’s lessons with anyone else. These links are exclusive to those enrolled at the Madrasah;
- Promote or advertise any products or services during lesson time;
- Use the service to generate or send unsolicited communications, messages, advertising, etc;
- Record in any way (audio or video) any part of the lessons or the teachers or any learning material posted onto Zoom during your lesson. This means no external devices for recording are permitted and no screenshots should be taken. Tayyibun has a no recording policy;
- Discuss issues about your child or the work over the Zoom platform with the Teacher during or straight after lessons but to arrange any necessary meetings with the Teacher through the Head of Education and Development. We welcome the idea of parents and Teachers communicating with each other and are happy to arrange suitable discussions between both parties but this is something that should not be done around Madrasah lesson times;
- Ask the teacher for their personal details, such as email address/phone number/social media details, etc., without first obtaining permission to do so from Tayyibun Management.
USEFUL ONLINE TUTORIALS ON USING ZOOM: